Hometown Experts Share Vital Tips for This Year’s Open Enrollment Period
It’s that time of year—the season to make important Medicare and health insurance choices. Need some pro guidance? Josh Hountz and Alex Meer from HealthMarkets Insurance offer tips to help you navigate your options.
1. Medicare Enrollment. Medicare plans can and do change annually. Find a specialist to help evaluate new plans—as well as enhancements to existing plans—to ensure you get the best fit.
2. Medicare Plan Choices. Depending on a patient’s medications and how those match the formulary list on each plan, the differences from one plan to another can total thousands of dollars. Consider your preference for certain doctors or hospitals, and how your plan will work if you travel.
3. Affordable Care Act (ACA) Changes. Coverage protections are still in place for preexisting conditions on plans that comply with the ACA coverage requirements. Everyone is required to own minimum essential coverage—however, there are no penalties in 2020 and beyond if you don’t own this kind of coverage.
4. Why an ACA Plan? People with preexisting conditions and/or those who qualify for a subsidy may find ACA plans attractive. Yet people without serious health histories or subsidies could find the plan’s costs high—as well as the out-of-pocket exposure.
5. Simplifying the Process. Making the right choice is important. HealthMarkets represents many of the top carriers and provides free, no-obligation guidance to help you find the right plan. They get to know you—and your insurance needs—to provide the best recommendations.
4765 Glendale Milford Road, Blue Ash | Josh: 513.788.2929 | Alex: 513.570.5734
*HealthMarkets Insurance Agency Inc. is licensed as an insurance agency in all 50 states and DC. Not all agents are licensed to sell all products. Service and product availability vary by state. Sales agents may be compensated based on a consumer’s enrollment in a health plan.