Embody SKIN Care Will Thoughtfully Transform the Skin You’re In
What do you do when you find yourself passionate about your profession, yet feel limited when you’re working for someone else? Why, you open your own place, of course.
While we know it’s not nearly as simple as it sounds, for Embody SKIN Care owner and advanced esthetician Heather Buckles, opening her own business was the perfect thing to do.
Fortunately, Heather had a background in business franchising and had spent years training and coaching franchisees all over the country. However, after a while, she found herself looking for a new opportunity. Having been interested in skin care since she was a teenager, Heather decided to go to esthetician school.
Afterward, she honed her skills at two area medical spas, mentally noting what she liked and didn’t, and storing that information away for the day she opened her own business.
“I learned that I liked talking with my patients, finding out [their] whole story, conducting thorough consultations, keeping detailed patient files,” Heather says. “At the larger medical spas, unfortunately, time did not allow for talking [in detail] with patients and discovering underlying issues with their skin.”
Embody’s Education & Esthetics
When you go to Embody, you get more than just a treatment—you get personalized care.
“Our commitment to educating our patients, answering questions and listening to their concerns sets us apart,” Heather says. “We take time with our patients, get to know them, and sincerely enjoy helping each person feel confident and beautiful.”
Embody takes pride in providing a clean, calming atmosphere while offering a full range of services and treatment options from highly educated and certified professionals, Heather explains. Services and treatments include facials, Secret RF Microneedling (skin remodeling), injectables such as Botox and fillers, truSculpt iD body contouring, microblading, permanent makeup, eyelash extensions, threading, full-body waxing and more.
The Embody team also includes licensed estheticians Molly Back (who specializes in chemical peels, dermaplaning, facials and microdermabrasion) and Shanequa Johnson (an expert in lash extensions, threading, makeup application, microblading, permanent makeup and full-body waxing). Dr. Tamela Zimmerman specializes in injectables, body sculpting and skin remodeling, while her assistant, Laura Liske, also works as Embody’s office manager and marketing/sales manager.
Since their grand opening in May, Embody has gotten an overwhelming response from residents in Loveland and surrounding communities who are interested in their services.
“It has really been a wonderful experience!” Heather says.
Heather’s Top Beauty Tips
1. Wear good-quality sunscreen every day with UVA, UVB and zinc oxide. Preventing sun damage is the easiest, most cost-effective way to prevent signs of aging.
2. Implement a retinol product into your skin care routine at least 1–2 times per week once you enter your 30s. While sunscreen prevents future damage, retinol corrects past damage.
3. Nourish your skin from the inside out with a diet high in good fats and omega-3s like salmon, tuna and avocados.
4. Use a pharmaceutical- or medical-grade skin care line. Products sold by multi-level-marketing firms or purchased at beauty chains can make any claim they want to without having to back it up with scientific and clinical data. Pharmaceutical- and medical-grade skin care products are only sold by skin care professionals and doctors, so you can trust that the products will actually work.
5. Clean makeup brushes, pillowcases and your phone at least once a week to keep unwanted bacteria from causing breakouts on your face and body.
6. It’s never too early or too late to begin a healthy skin care regimen. We all want to look and feel our best—including the men!
EmbodySKINCare.com | 732 Middleton Way, Loveland | 513.449.1550